So now that we've all had a chance to detox ....

Go down

So now that we've all had a chance to detox ....

Post  Belli on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:17 pm

The merger roller coaster ride was a bit disorienting for me and I'm sure for all of you as well. When I created this guild (while still in DP), I did so with the intention of providing us all with a safe landing should things go awry. with Tagan's abrupt departure from DP, it was clear that the Angry For Coinz plan B was going to be necessary. I'm glad we have had this safety net so that we could all stay together as a group and make these difficult decisions together.

Now that we've all had a safe landing and have hopefully had a chance to detox and take in our surroundings a little bit, I'd like to hear from all of you what you would like to do next. Clearly we have some options being laid out before us. I'd like to hear from all of you how you would like to proceed.

If we were to elect to make Angry for coinz our permanent home, we are faced with a few issues. Short term we have very few tanks in the guild, making running HOTO a near impossibility. Any tank we could recruit would likely need to be completely geared and trained. Long term we hope to stand cowering behind Chewbone, Slappie's newly created tank, which I'm sure will be hailed as one of the best on the server once completed. Unfortunately, it will take quite some time to complete this creation, and in the meantime we would have to work within the schedules of the tanks we have and/or reach out to other guilds and build alliances with those guilds that do have geared tanks at their disposal.

Alternatively, we could consider yet another merger. These are clearly treacherous waters as we have all witnessed first hand. While a merger could solve many of our class balance issues, it could also introduce a whole new set of problems as we have seen before. Not all mergers are so problematic. The merger from Deathstalkers to Medieval for example was quite uneventful and lacked in all drama. But while not all mergers are problematic, any merger can be.

A third option we could all consider would be to return to a known quantity, Medieval, from whence we came. Fireinsideme did extend a group invitation to all of us to return should we choose to do so. They have not many geared players and most players here would likely be quite senior to most of them, but they are a lvl 9 guild with many lovely buildings and a very relaxed atmosphere. It is still linked to DP and DPs vent but I wouldn't expect that to last.

So my question to you all is this. How would you like to reintegrate with the greater Osha community? Would you like to make a permanent home here and reignite an alliance? Would you like to consider merging as a whole into another guild? Would you like to make a return to Medieval? Or consider some other option I have failed to envision?

Please share your thoughts and know that irrespective of any choices we might make, this guild will always be here for us.

Belli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So now that we've all had a chance to detox ....

Post  Dasanejo on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Should we stay here, I'd be willing to make a tank or whatnot to help out with runs and stuff. I'm currently saving all the X and IX mods I can get while strobe quests to use later. As long as it's in good company, I dont mind where we stay.

Dasanejo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  griev on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:35 pm

I know I'm the new guy out, but the little while Ive been here everyone has been extremely nice and I'm sure no matter what we do we will get it done. If no one objects, I'd gladly follow you guys whether you stay, merge,or go back to your original guilds whatever, if the option was given to me. I hope I can prove useful to the guild as a R/K. I have several other alts (50W/46S, 52K/52P, 50M,no sub, 50P/42R, 55P/50S and several under 40 alts) that I'd be more than willing to try a gear up if they were needed. Hopefully my R/K can be of use though as I enjoy playing him most of all. I'm also working on my cooking craft, currently at lvl 44 and will gladly craft foods for any1 that didn't mind gathering the herbs and wood. I have a stockpile of activate runes and the vendor mats are cheap enough that I will supply those as well. Sorry for the babbling on probably a better part of the forums to say all this, but just wanted to be active and let everyone know what I have and can do.

Anyway I'm down for whatever the majority of the long timers want to do and will follow where ever it may lead us. Hope I can be of some use here and help get the goals of AFC accomplished.

Griev
griev

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jemfire on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:12 am

OK I'm not sure what to do as I am slow to upgrade my equipment.. I'm willing to do whatever others decide to do.. I will just keep doing my things..

Jemfire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum